Free Shipping Over $50. View All Current Offers >
Carrot Seed Tape, Red Cored Chantenay
Red Cored Chantenay produces crunchy, sweet carrots that are excellent for dicing. Roots grow to be a reddish-orange with an indistinct core. This variety produces shorter and thicker carrots that grow to about 14 cm (5 1/2") long when mature. A healthy choice, carrots contain more vitamin A than any other vegetable and when raw, they provide important dietary fibre.
Please Note: Seed Tapes require consistent moisture to ensure best germination.
- SKU: 139834
- Product Weight: 4.5 meters (15 feet) - with 550 plus seeds
- Flavor: Sweet and crunchy
- Preparation Ideas: Clean, peel and slice carrots. Bring 3 cm (1") of salted water to boil in a saucepan. Add the carrot slices. Return to boil, then reduce the heat and cover the pan. Cook until just tender, but not soft. This will take about 10-15 minutes. Drain and eat hot. For extra flavor add salt, pepper and butter.
- Seed Type: Heirloom
- Plant Type: Vegetable
- Latin Name: Daucus carota subsp. Sativus
- How To Grow
- Planting Depth: 13 mm (1/2")
- Plantling Spacing: 5 cm (2")
- Row Spacing: 30 cm (12")
- An especially good variety for heavy soil.