Free Shipping Over $50. View All Current Offers >
Swiss Chard Seeds, Bright Lights
Bright Lights Swiss Chard produces a brilliant rainbow of color! Plant stems are multi-colored, offering a milder chard flavor as well as a valued ornamental plant. Delicious in salads, quiche or steamed with butter.
- SKU: 101654
- Product Weight: approximately 150-160 seeds
- Flavor: Taste is similar to beet greens and spinach
- Preparation Ideas: Rinse and clean leaves in water. Shake leaves to remove water. Let leaves dry on kitchen towel or paper towelling. Heat olive oil in frying pan. Add sliced or chopped garlic and cook garlic until tender and fragrant. Tear or cut swiss chard leaves into pieces. You can cut out and remove the stalks from the leaves if they are thick or your can chop the stalks into 1" pieces and pre sautee in the olive oil/garlic mixture. Fry stalks until tender (approximately 5 minutes). Lower heat add leaf pieces and fry leaves for approximately 5 minutes or until desired doneness. Stir constantly and serve immediately.
- Seed Type: Open Pollinated
- Plant Type: Vegetable
- Latin Name: Beta vulgaris
- How To Grow
- Planting Depth: 1.3 cm (1/2")
- Plantling Spacing: 25 cm (10")
- Row Spacing: 45 cm (18")
- Pick young or mature leaves just above the soil line so that plants can grow back for multiple harvests.