Free Shipping Over $50. View All Current Offers >
Organic Bean Seeds, Provider Bush
Provider is an early and excellent variety of bean! Heavy yields of 15 cm (6") long, round podswith dark purple seed hang straight in clusters making picking a snap. It is a wonderful choice for home or market gardens due to its superb flavor. This variety is highly recommended for freezing.
- SKU: 139777
- Product Weight: approximately 25-30 seeds
- Flavor: Tender fleshy pods
- Preparation Ideas: Rinse beans under water. Dry and cut off both ends of beans. Snip beans into 1" pieces. Place beans into large frying pan and add enough water to cover beans. Bring water to boil. Reduce heat, cover the pan and simmer beans until fork tender. Drain beans and add butter, salt and pepper and any other spices you desire.
- Seed Type: Open pollinated
- Plant Type: Vegetable
- Latin Name: Phaseolus vulgaris
- How To Grow
- Planting Depth: 2.5 cm (1")
- Seed Spacing: 10 cm (4")
- Plantling Spacing: 15 cm (6")
- Row Spacing: 60 cm (24")
- Avoid working around beans when wet; this may spread diseases. When weeding, hoe gently because beans are shallow-rooted. Mulch plants only after thinning.