Free Shipping Over $50. View All Current Offers >
Bean Seeds, Romano Bush
Romano is a gourmet bean with a distinctive flavor. Wide, flat, 12.5-15 cm (5-6") pods grow in abundance on 38-50 cm (15-20”) tall plants. The stringless bush beans are very meaty when mature, and an excellent freezer variety.
- SKU: 142162
- Product Weight: approximately 45-50 seeds
- Flavor: Nutty, earthy flavour and creamy texture
- Preparation Ideas: Rinse and cut pods into 1" pieces. Blanche in pot of boiling water, drain and place in bowl. Toss beans with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Seed Type: Heirloom
- Plant Type: Vegetable
- Latin Name: Phaseolus vulgaris
- How To Grow
- Planting Depth: 2.5 cm (1")
- Seed Spacing: 10 cm (4")
- Plantling Spacing: 15 cm (6")
- Row Spacing: 60 cm (24")
- Avoid working around beans when wet; this may spread diseases. When weeding, hoe gently because beans are shallow-rooted. Mulch plants only after thinning.