Free Shipping Over $50. View All Current Offers >
Bean Seeds, Tendergreen Improved Bush
Tendergreen Improved Beans are a tender, smooth, very meaty green bean. This bush variety is extremely popular with gardeners because of its resistance to disease, heat tolerance, and prolific yields. 15 cm (6") long, straight pods make this an ideal candidate for fresh table use or for freezing.
- SKU: 142166
- Product Weight: Approximately 45-50 seeds
- Flavor: Tender and crunchy
- Preparation Ideas: Rinse beans under water. Dry and cut off both ends of beans. Snip beans into 1" pieces. Place beans into large frying pan and add enough water to cover beans. Bring water to boil. Reduce heat, cover the pan and simmer beans until fork tender. Drain beans and add butter, salt and pepper and any other spices you desire.
- Seed Type: Heirloom
- Plant Type: Vegetable
- Latin Name: Phaseolus vulgaris
- Disease Resistance: disease
- Tolerance: heat
- How To Grow
- Planting Depth: 2.5 cm (1")
- Seed Spacing: 10 cm (4")
- Plantling Spacing: 15 cm (6")
- Row Spacing: 60 cm (24")
- Avoid working around beans when wet; this may spread diseases. When weeding, hoe gently because beans are shallow-rooted. Mulch plants only after thinning.