Free Shipping Over $50. View All Current Offers >
Organic Beet Seeds, Detroit Dark Red
The perfect all purpose variety. Medium early variety. Dark red round roots that are sweet, tender and fine-grained throughout. Ideal for use fresh, canned, pickled and frozen. Tops are great for salads too! Beets grow quickly and can be re-sown every 2 weeks until mid-summer.
- SKU: 140192
- Product Weight: approximately 120-130 seeds
- Flavor: Incredibly sweet taste for beets
- Preparation Ideas: Eat it fresh, can it, or even pickled.
- Seed Type: Heirloom
- Plant Type: Vegetable
- Latin Name: Beta vulgaris
- Planting Depth: 1.3 cm (1/2")
- Seed Spacing: 2.5 cm (1")
- Plantling Spacing: 8 cm (3")
- Row Spacing: 30 cm (12")
- To prevent beet bleeding, it is best to remove the skin after cooking.