Free Shipping Over $50. View All Current Offers >
Beet Seeds, Dolce Di Chioggia
Dolce Di Chioggia is a beautiful scarlet garden beet. This Italian specialty is a wonderful variety with attractive coloring that features interior rings of reddish-pink and white. The tops can be used as fresh greens in salads, or steamed for a cooked vegetable. The roots can be canned, pickled, or frozen.
- SKU: 122296
- Product Weight: approximately 80-100 seeds
- Flavor: Mild & sweet
- Preparation Ideas: Chioggia beets can be prepared just like any other type of beet.
- Seed Type: Heirloom
- Plant Type: Vegetable
- Latin Name: Beta vulgaris
- How To Grow
- Planting Depth: 1.3 cm (1/2")
- Plantling Spacing: 8 cm (3")
- Row Spacing: 30 cm (12")
- Plant near bush beans, cabbage, lettuce, or kohlrabi but away from pole beans.