Free Shipping Over $50. View All Current Offers >
Carrot Seeds, Red Cored Chantenay
Red Cored Chantenay produces crunchy, sweet carrots that are excellent for dicing. Roots grow to be a reddish-orange with an indistinct core. This variety produces shorter and thicker carrots that grow to about 14 cm (5 1/2") long when mature. A healthy choice, carrots contain more vitamin A than any other vegetable and when raw, they provide important dietary fibre.
- SKU: 142177
- Product Weight: 1.9 grams / approximately 1400-1500 seeds
- Flavor: Crisp, sweet
- Preparation Ideas: Great for soups, freezing, or canning.
- Seed Type: Heirloom
- Plant Type: Vegetable
- Latin Name: Daucus carota subsp. Sativus
- How To Grow
- Planting Depth: 6 mm (1/4")
- Plantling Spacing: 5 cm (2")
- Row Spacing: 30 cm (12")
- An especially good variety for heavy soil.