Free Shipping Over $50. View All Current Offers >
Organic Carrot Seeds, Rainbow Mix
Rainbow carrots produce a mix of orange, yellow, red, purple and occasionally white carrots. The colourful 20-25 cm (8-10") carrots are fun for kids. Crisp, and sweet, these are an excellent choice for salads and gourmet dishes.
- SKU: 141177
- Product Weight: approximately 650-750 seeds
- Flavor: Sweet and crunchy
- Preparation Ideas: Clean, peel and slice carrots. Bring 3 cm (1") of salted water to boil in a saucepan. Add the carrot slices. Return to boil, then reduce the heat and cover the pan. Cook until just tender, but not soft. This will take about 10-15 minutes. Drain and eat hot. For extra flavor add salt, pepper and butter.
- Plant Type: Vegetable
- Latin Name: Daucus carota subsp. Sativus
- How To Grow
- Planting Depth: 6 mm (1/4")
- Plantling Spacing: 5 cm (2")
- Row Spacing: 30 cm (12")
- For best flavor, harvest when roots are not more than 5 cm (2") in diameter. Ideal for freezing.