Free Shipping Over $50. View All Current Offers >
Carrot Seeds, Tenderlong Imperator
Tenderlong Imperator is an extremely long carrot variety. On average roots grow to 25 cm (10")! Orange-red in color with dark green tops, they are rich in vitamin A and when eaten raw, dietary fiber.
- SKU: 140105
- Product Weight: 2 grams / approximately 1400-1500 seeds
- Flavor: Sweet and crunchy
- Preparation Ideas: Clean, peel and slice carrots. Bring 3 cm (1") of salted water to boil in a saucepan. Add the carrot slices. Return to boil, then reduce the heat and cover the pan. Cook until just tender, but not soft. This will take about 10-15 minutes. Drain and eat hot. For extra flavor add salt, pepper and butter.
- Seed Type: Heirloom
- Plant Type: Vegetable
- Latin Name: Daucus carota subsp. Sativus
- Planting Depth: 6 mm (1/4")
- Plantling Spacing: 5 cm (2")
- Row Spacing: 30 cm (12")
- Onion, leek and herbs such as rosemary and sage act as a repellent to the carrot fly.