Free Shipping Over $50. View All Current Offers >
Pea Seeds, Alaska
Alaska Pea is a very early and heavy yielder. Pods grow to produce 6-8 sweet peas per 5-8 cm (2-3") pod. This strong variety features disease, wilt, and cold resistance.
- SKU: 142247
- Product Weight: Approximately 45-50 seeds
- Flavor: Sweet
- Preparation Ideas: Shell peas and rinse under cold water. Place peas and add water until peas are covered. Bring water to boil and reduce heat. Cover and simmer peas until fork tender (approximately 1 minute). Drain and add butter, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Seed Type: Heirloom
- Plant Type: Vegetable
- Latin Name: Pisum sativum
- Disease Resistance: cold, disease, wilt
- How To Grow
- Planting Depth: 2.5 cm (1")
- Plantling Spacing: 10 cm (4")
- Row Spacing: 75 cm (30")
- Prolong the harvest season with successive sowings every two weeks until mid-June or sow with mid and late season varieties to ensure a continuous supply of fresh peas.