Free Shipping Over $50. View All Current Offers >
Pepper Seeds, Early California Wonder
Early California Wonder produces peppers with bright green to red coloring. Features large, bell-shaped fruit that grows to 10x10 cm (4" x4"). The crisp and crunchy texture is excellent for stuffing, but these peppers are great for all types of cooking or if eaten raw. * after transplanting to garden
- SKU: 140141
- Product Weight: 300 milligrams / approximately 35-40 seeds
- Flavor: Thick walled and sweet fresh flavor
- Preparation Ideas: Delicious stuffed. Remove tops off 4 peppers and remove seeds and membranes and place in baking pan. Sprinkle salt and pepper on the insides of the pepper for added flavor. Preheat oven to 375 F. Precook enough white or brown rice to make 1 cup. Brown 1/2 pound of ground beef or chicken with chopped onion until meat is no longer pink. Add enough tomato sauce to make a thick sauce and season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder if desired or other preferred seasonings. Remove from heat and stir in cooked rice. Stuff peppers with filling. Sprinkle tops with cheese if desired. Place peppers in baking pan. Add water to baking pan until bottom is covered. Cover pan tightly with aluminum foil (shiny side up). To prevent foil from sticking to peppers, lightly spray dull side of foil with cooking spray. Bake until peppers are soft, but not mushy (approximately 1 hour). Add additional water to baking pan if needed to keep peppers from burning.
- Seed Type: Heirloom
- Plant Type: Vegetable
- Latin Name: Capsicum annuum
- How To Grow
- Planting Depth: 6 mm (1/4")
- Plantling Spacing: 45 cm (18")
- Row Spacing: 60 cm (24")
- Peppers need a warm soil and night temperature to prosper. Location should be sheltered from the wind and soil should be kept reasonably moist.