Free Shipping Over $50. View All Current Offers >
Organic Spinach Seeds, Long Standing Bloomsdale
Very popular variety that produces for a long time. Glossy, dark green, thick textured, crinkled leaves are rich in Iron. Sow to bolt and go to seed. This cool weather vegetable is easy to grow in rich, well-drained soil. Best growth occurs in spring and fall so be sure to do a second sowing in late summer for a fall crop. Requires plenty of moisture.
- SKU: 139822
- Product Weight: approximately 190-210 seeds
- Flavor: Healthy earthy taste
- Preparation Ideas: Avoid over cooking spinach as their taste can become bitter. Remove from heat as soon as leaves begin to wilt. Add flavoring such as freshly squeezed lemon juice.
- Seed Type: Heirloom
- Plant Type: Vegetable
- Latin Name: Spinacia oleracea
- Planting Depth: 1.3 cm (1/2")
- Seed Spacing: 2.5 cm (1")
- Plantling Spacing: 25 cm (10")
- Row Spacing: 40 cm (16")
- Harvest entire plants at the soil line when outer leaves are 6 inches long. Or, just cut away outer leaves as needed for a continuous crop until hot weather. Sow again in the late summer.