Free Shipping Over $50. View All Current Offers >
Squash Seeds, Buttercup
Buttercup Squash is one of the very best winter squash varieties. The attractive squash features a turban-shape with a rind that is hard, green, and flecked with grey stripes. Its flesh is deep golden yellow, thick, and fine grained. The sweet taste is a wonderful addition to dishes. Produces fruit 10 x 15 cm (4" x 6").
- SKU: 142279
- Product Weight: approximately 12-15 seeds
- Flavor: Dry, sweet mild flavor
- Preparation Ideas: Preheat oven to 400 F. Cut squash in half verically. Tip: if too difficult to cut, place squash in oven for approximately 15 minutes on baking sheet, to soften skin. Scrape out seeds and fiber. Brush olive oil on the flesh. Place halves, skin side up, on parchment lined baking sheet and place in oven. When the skin is easily pierced with a knife, remove from oven. Allow to cool slightly and peel or cut skin off flesh. Mash like potatoes and season with salt & pepper.
- Seed Type: Heirloom
- Plant Type: Vegetable
- Latin Name: Cucurbita maxima
- How To Grow
- Planting Depth: 2.5 cm (1")
- Plantling Spacing: 3 per hill
- Row Spacing: 1.5-1.8 m (5-6')
- Harvest after the first frost, or when the skin begins to turn orange when touching the soil.