Free Shipping Over $50. View All Current Offers >
Swiss Chard Seeds, Rhubarb
Rhubarb Swiss Chard looks like rhubarb, producing bright crimson stalks and dark green leaves. The delicious, vitamin rich leaves and stalks are tasty in salads and as cooked greens. It is also a great variety for freezing.
- SKU: 142285
- Flavor: Wonderful rich flavor
- Preparation Ideas: Rinse and clean leaves in water. Shake leaves to remove water. Let leaves dry on kitchen towel or paper towelling. Heat olive oil in frying pan. Add sliced or chopped garlic and cook garlic until tender and fragrant. Tear or cut swiss chard leaves into pieces. You can cut out and remove the stalks from the leaves if they are thick or your can chop the stalks into 1" pieces and pre sautee in the olive oil/garlic mixture. Fry stalks until tender (approximately 5 minutes). Lower heat add leaf pieces and fry leaves for approximately 5 minutes or until desired doneness. Stir constantly and serve immediately.
- Seed Type: Heirloom
- Plant Type: Vegetable
- Latin Name: Beta vulgaris
- How To Grow
- Planting Depth: 1.3 cm (1/2")
- Plantling Spacing: 25 cm (10")
- Row Spacing: 45 cm (18")
- Can be harvested all season long by cutting he outer leaves for use and allowing the inner leaves to continue growing.