Free Shipping Over $50. View All Current Offers >
Bean Seeds, Amethyst Purple Stringless Filet Bush
Amethyst Purple Stringless Filet Beans produce beautiful beige seeds in stringless dark purple pods. Long 13-15 cm (5-6") pods grow smooth and straight on plants featuring a dwarf bush habit. This variety is very popular in soups, salads, and salsa due to its creamy texture. It also boasts high resistance to Bean Common Mosaic.
- SKU: 134591
- Product Weight: approximately 15-20 seeds
- Flavor: Very good tasty flavor raw or cooked
- Preparation Ideas: Rinse beans under water. Dry and cut off both ends of beans. Snip beans into 1" pieces. Place beans into large frying pan and add enough water to cover beans. Bring water to boil. Reduce heat, cover the pan and simmer beans until fork tender. Drain beans and add butter, salt and pepper and any other spices you desire.
- Seed Type: Open Pollinated
- Plant Type: Vegetable
- Latin Name: Phaseolus vulgaris
- Disease Resistance: bean common mosaic
- How To Grow
- Planting Depth: 2.5 cm (1")
- Seed Spacing: 10 cm (4")
- Plantling Spacing: 15 cm (6")
- Row Spacing: 60 cm (24")
- Drop beans into boiling salted water, cook 3 minutes or until tender. Drain and rinse. Mix together 1/2 cup mayonnaise, 2 minced garlic cloves, juice from 1 lemon and 1 large finely chopped roasted red pepper. Season with a pinch of cayenne pepper. Serve on the side or drizzled over cooked beans.