Free Shipping Over $50. View All Current Offers >
Carrot Seeds, Danvers Half-Long
Danvers Half-Long is a fantastic carrot to grow in shallow soils. Near perfect cylindrical roots grow to about 15-18 cm (6-7") in length. With tender reddish-orange skin and a sweet taste, these carrots are the perfect addition to salads, soups, stews or garnish.
- SKU: 142174
- Product Weight: 2 grams / approximately 1400-1500 seeds
- Flavor: Sweet crunchy
- Preparation Ideas: Clean, peel and slice carrots. Bring 3 cm (1") of salted water to boil in a saucepan. Add the carrot slices. Return to boil, then reduce the heat and cover the pan. Cook until just tender, but not soft. This will take about 10-15 minutes. Drain and eat hot. For extra flavor add salt, pepper and butter.
- Seed Type: Heirloom
- Plant Type: Vegetable
- Latin Name: Daucus carota subsp. Sativus
- How To Grow
- Planting Depth: 6 mm (1/4")
- Plantling Spacing: 5 cm (2")
- Row Spacing: 30 cm (12")
- Too much water can cause carrots to crack. They should be kept weeded (a clean mulch can reduce this job). Also, lightly place soil over exposed roots to prevent cracking.