Free Shipping Over $50. View All Current Offers >
Kale Seeds, Red Russian
Dark gray-green leaves provide more vitamins and minerals than other greens. Red and purple hues intensify after fall frost providing tender and sweet rich dark green kale when cooked. Tasty steamed, stir fried or in salads.
- SKU: 136950
- Product Weight: approximately 400-425 seeds
- Flavor: Sweet and mild taste
- Preparation Ideas: Bake this variety to make delicious kale chips.
- Seed Type: Heirloom
- Plant Type: Vegetable
- Latin Name: Brassica napus
- Planting Depth: 1.3 cm (1/2")
- Seed Spacing: 1.3 cm (1/2")
- Plantling Spacing: 60 cm (24")
- Row Spacing: 60 cm (24")
- Make several pickings during season for abundant crop before hot weather. Sow again in midsummer for fall crop. A light fall frost makes the pleasant flavor of the leaves even better. Bake them for tasty chips.