Free Shipping Over $50. View All Current Offers >
Thyme produces attractive bushy plants with tiny grey-green leaves. Not only used to flavor most meat, fish, and vegetable dishes, this versatile herb can also be used as a plant for rock gardens and edging.
- SKU: 142223
- Product Weight: approximately 800-900 seeds
- Flavor: Pungent with a subtle, dry aroma and slightly minty flavor
- Preparation Ideas: Especially flavorful in clam chowder and other soups, stews and meats.
- Seed Type: Heirloom
- Plant Type: Herb
- Latin Name: Thymus vulgaris
- Growth Type: Perennial Zone 4
- Planting Depth: 6 mm (1/4")
- Plantling Spacing: 30 cm (12")
- Row Spacing: 30 cm (12")
- For drying leaves, cut entire plant to 2 inches above the ground just before it flowers in the early summer. Dry leaves in the shade.