Free Shipping Over $50. View All Current Offers >
Turnip Seeds, Purple Top White Globe
Preferred by gardeners everywhere. These firm, crisp, milky-white roots have a purple-red top. Very dependable yields. 5-12.5 cm (2?5?) in size. Plant this cold weather crop as soon as ground canÿ be worked in spring in deep, well-drained, loose and fertile soil. This sweet mild-flavored turnip is perfect raw or cooked. Freezes well.
- SKU: 101727
- Product Weight: approximately 800-900 seeds
- Flavor: Tender with a smooth, old fashioned flavor
- Preparation Ideas: Young leaves can be cooked for greens.
- Seed Type: Heirloom
- Plant Type: Vegetable
- Latin Name: Brassica rapa
- Planting Depth: 1.3 cm (1/2")
- Seed Spacing: 2.5 cm (1")
- Plantling Spacing: 10 cm (4")
- Row Spacing: 45 cm (18")