Free Shipping Over $50. View All Current Offers >
Bean Seeds, Pencil Pod Black Wax (Bush)
Pencil Pod Black Wax Beans produce an excellent crop of 15 cm (6") long beans on compact plants. This variety produces stringless, golden-yellow pods that encase black beans inside. The fleshy pods offer exceptional flavor and are ideal for home freezing and canning.
- SKU: 142160
- Product Weight: Approximately 45-50 seeds
- Flavor: Fleshy & tender
- Preparation Ideas: Rinse beans under water. Dry and cut tips off both ends. Toss beans with salt, pepper and olive oil. Place beans in a single layer (do not overlap), on foil lined baking sheet. Bake at 350 F preheated oven for approximately 25 minutes or until cooked to desired tenderness.
- Seed Type: Heirloom
- Plant Type: Vegetable
- Latin Name: Phaseolus vulgaris
- How To Grow
- Planting Depth: 2.5 cm (1")
- Seed Spacing: 10 cm (4")
- Plantling Spacing: 15 cm (6")
- Row Spacing: 60 cm (24")
- Extend the harvesting season by making smaller successive sowings every one or two weeks until mid-June instead of one large initial sowing at the beginning of the season.