Free Shipping Over $50. View All Current Offers >
Pea Seeds, Blauwschokkers
Unusual attractive dark purple pods with stunning purple flowers. Note: the flowers are not edible. Dual purpose, it can be eaten as an edible pod when young, or leave to mature and harvest as a shelling pea. If left to mature, the succulent bright green peas are truly delicious. The plants grow tall requiring support such as a trellis or fence.
- SKU: 142248
- Preparation Ideas: Eat them fresh steamed with butter or freeze or dry them for winter soups.
- Seed Type: Heirloom
- Plant Type: Vegetable
- Latin Name: Pisum sativum
- How To Grow
- Planting Depth: 2.5 cm (1")
- Plantling Spacing: 10 cm (4")
- Row Spacing: 75 cm (30")
- Prolong the harvest season with successive sowings every two weeks until mid-June or sow with mid and late season varieties to ensure a continuous supply of fresh peas.